Sunday, December 16, 2012

Livni: Condi Rice' Book Quote - "Bullshit"

Livni got very agitated in an interview with Gil Hoffman for the Jerusalem Post, when former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice’s book No Higher Honor was raised. In the book, which came out in November 2011, Rice wrote that Livni told her and the Palestinians following a generous offer that then-prime minister Ehud Olmert made to PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas in August 2008 that Olmert “has no standing in Israel” and advised them to wait until she took over from him.

pg. 723 of Condoleezza Rice's Book 'No Higher Honor'

Livni responded bluntly that what Rice wrote was “bullshit.”

"It’s bullshit. I am sorry but that’s the only answer I could give. That’s nonsense! Bullshit! A lie! I spoke to Condy after she wrote it," Livni responded. "I met Abu Mazen [Abbas] after she published the book, and I asked him: Did I say that? He said no, and I told him to say so publicly because I was being suspected."