Friday, April 22, 2011

'Arabs are being brainwashed against Israel'

The Foreign Ministry's Arabic-language website received a letter Saturday from a repentant Iraqi man who says he and his fellow citizens have been "brainwashed against Israel".
"For a long time we believed that Israelis are dangerous barbarians due to the brainwashing we underwent during Saddam (Hussein)'s rule but now I see (Arabs) being massacred in a wretched and shameful manner by Sunni and Shiite rulers".


"What caught my attention was the Israeli hospital that treated the Palestinian girl who suffered from a cancerous growth. I also watched the movie ( 'The Pianist') about the Jewish pianist who suffered greatly in the time of Hitler".

"After seeing the terror in Iraq and the terror Hamas and Palestinians are performing against you I have become ashamed of being an Arab and Muslim, I would be honored to collaborate with your firms in Iraq."
The man said he has begun to study Jewish history, and that he hopes to eventually be able to visit Israel "in order to defeat the fear instilled in me due to the brainwashing that Israelis are barbarians and their country a terror state".