Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Poll: Palestinians reject the division of Jerusalem, State within '67 borders with land exchange

(Via IMRA).Following are the results of the Palestinian Public Opinion Poll no. 40 conducted by the Center for Opinion Polls and Survey Studies at An-Najah National University during the period from 8-10 April 2010. The sample included 1861 persons whose age group is 18 and above and who have the right to vote. The enclosed questionnaire was distributed on 861 persons from the West Bank and 500 persons from the Gaza Strip.

The General Results of the Poll

Prime Minister Salam Fayyad announced that the Palestinian Authority will declare in August 2011 the creation of the Palestinian State. Do you support or reject that?

I support 71.3
I reject 24.6
No opinion/I do not know 4.0

Do you think that the USA will succeed in exerting pressure on Israel to stop building settlements in East Jerusalem and the West Bank for a four-month period?

Yes 21.3
No 73.5
No opinion/I do not know 5.2

Do you support or reject conducting direct talks between the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli Government?

I support 48.7
I reject 47.3
No opinion/I do not know 4.0

Do you support or reject conducting indirect talks between the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli Government?

I support 34.0
I reject 60.8
No opinion/I do not know 5.2

The Palestinian Authority decided not to negotiate with the Israeli Government while the latter continues to build settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Do you support or reject the PA’s decision?

I support 78.6
I reject 19.0
No opinion/I do not know 2.4

Do you support or reject conducting talks between the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli Government in case Israel continues building settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem?

I support 14.3
I reject 83.0
No opinion/I do not know 2.8

Do you think that the resolutions made by the Arab Summit relating to the Palestinian problem are satisfactory?

Yes 8.3
No 83.0
No opinion/I do not know 7.6

Do you believe that the Arab countries will carry out the resolutions that the Arab Summit issued relating to the Palestinian issue and Jerusalem?

Yes , they will 11.6
No , they will not 79.5
No opinion/I do not know 8.9

Do you accept the creation of a Palestinian state on the area of the 1967 borders as a final solution for the Palestinian problem?

Yes 51.7
No 44.7

Do you accept the creation of a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders with some land exchange as a final solution for the Palestinianproblem?

Yes 28.3
No 66.7

Do you support or reject making Jerusalem a capital for two states: Palestine and Israel?

I support 20.8
I reject 77.4
No opinion/I do not know 1.8